Sunday, 14 October 2012

WEEK ONE- Arum and Roska / PDP

 
 
My opinion/ short intro:
 
The questions:
  • Do you think your school prepaired you for university?
  • Do you think your prepaired for university?
  • Do you think you will learn much out of your degree?
  • Why do you think some people think its controversial to go to univeristy? (changed the question since the people I am asking do not know/have learned about  Arum and Roska's report)
  • In Arum and Roska's report they found 45% didnt find improvements in learns over two years of college and 36% found no improvement in learning over 4 years of college- Jaschik, S. “Academically Adrift,” Inside Higher Ed, January 18, 2011, Paragraphy 2, bulletpoint one and two. http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2011/01/18/study_finds_large_numbers_of_college_students_don_t_learn_much.  Also states that there concerns lie within students clubbing and drinking when actually a lot of time is spent doing coursework and working at a part time job.
 

LISTEN WITH HEADPHONES/TURN VOLUME UP

 


                                                       First person: Mark Handratty, 21.
 
Second Person: Holly Craven, 19
 
 
 
 Others:
 
 
RESULTS:
 
 
 
 
 
I had a look on moodle at the ePDP and saw a template for me to fill in, I created my own because I feel is much more personal too me and the course I am doing.
 
This ePDP is to help me
  • Grow as a person/individual
  • Help me get the support I need from my pears and lectures
  • find out specificly what im doing wrong and where
  • See what my weaknesses are and my strengths- then apply my stregths to overcome my weaknesses
  • See were my main focus areas are- where I avoid/stay within the box, rather than going that extra mile to get/think outside the box!
 
What I think now of my course/ PDP at University Level
(sorry for pausing a lot I have the book up online + paragraphs and quotes all over a word document!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Where am I now




one thing I have missed from my ePDP, is another weakness of mine is being too scared to try out new mediums/ways of presenting work etc- because im scared of trying out something new then failing- I have already over come this weakness as Iv done a few podcasts (sort of) on this blog posts! This is something iv never done before.


Doc1

No comments:

Post a Comment